Lessons & Training
Riding students of all ages (5 years to adult) and abilities (from very beginner to advanced) are encouraged and challenged in the Dressage lesson programs. Private and group instruction is available on the farm’s well trained school horses and ponies, or on your own horse. Lessons are scheduled by appointment on weekday afternoons or evenings and all day Saturday.
For the past few years the enrollment of riding students at Fairfield Farm has averaged 50 students with half being junior riders (age 5 to 18) and half adults. Students have shown at schooling and recognized dressage competitions in New England from Training through fourth level.
They have won numerous year end and cumulative awards including: Heritage Dressage Association Year End Awards, NEDA Year End Awards, USDF Bronze Medal, USDF Rider Awards, and USDF Horse Performance Certificates. The Fairfield Show Rider Motto is “The Will to PREPARE to Win is what separates the achievers from the dreamers!”
Horse training sessions for privately owned horses are available. Training rides are discounted for horses boarding at the farm.
Western Riders and horses are also welcome and therapeutic lessons are also offered on safe, well-trained school horses. In fact, Western riders are successfully training and competing for dressage tests at Fairfield Farm shows and for Western Pleasure and Equitation at open horse shows.
Other riding programs and offerings include:
- practice riding on school horses
- dressage schooling competitionscoaching before and at “away” competitions
- horse care and horsemanship classes
- junior-young rider and adult day programs
- week long summer horse program for junior riders
- working student opportunities
- clinic instruction
- Pony Rides and Parties. Pony rides and parties at Fairfield Farm are available by appointment for birthdays and special occasions.
– Gretchan Pyne www.lulubellebooks.com
Become the rider you’ve always wanted to be!
- dressage is great exercise
- happy horses, happy riders specializing in fun, safe riding lessons
- children age 5 – Adult
- beginner – advanced
- your horse or ours?
- well trained school horses and ponies
- reasonable rates
- flexible appointment schedule
- working students = free lessons
- don’t own a horse?
consider our Special Riding Program. Our SRP includes practice riding and showing opportunities on great school horses